Interactive Floor Plan
See which organizations are participating in the Job Fair and their location on the floor plan.
For Students and Post-Docs Only
The Students@SC program hosts a job fair open to all students and post-docs attending SC, giving them an opportunity to connect with potential employers.
This face-to-face event is held from 10 am–3 pm on Wednesday of the conference.
Participating employers include research labs, academic institutions, recruiting agencies, and private industry representatives who meet with students to discuss graduate fellowships, internships, summer jobs, co-op opportunities, graduate student positions, and permanent employment.
Résumés submitted by students will be provided to organizations participating in the job fair. Students should also bring copies of their résumés to the event.
Typically, students and post-docs seeking to facilitate connections with participating organizations submit up-to-date résumés before the conference. Students and post-docs registered for SC will receive instructions on how to submit their résumés via email.
Consider the following guidelines while preparing your résumé:
- Include your contact information, objective, and career summary
- Make it simple, balanced, and well-organized
- Space sections so that they are easy to distinguish
- Be consistent in style, font, spacing, and indentation
- Quantify accomplishments when you can
- Use action verbs to describe your activities and accomplishments
- Bring printed copies of your résumé to the job fair for networking
- Use multiple fonts, underlining, boldface, or italic type
- Use passive statements
- Include generic interests unrelated to the job you are seeking
- State, “References available upon request” – that will be assumed
Many websites offer free advice on creating résumés. Below are three resources that may be useful:
- Example résumés for various fields
- Résumé tips for job fair success
- Example résumé with education but little experience
For Recruiting Organizations
The Students@SC job fair offers an excellent opportunity for recruiting top talent. Participating organizations can connect with students in fields related to computer science, information systems, scientific computing, and high performance computing. Each recruiting organization is also given online access to student résumés.
Ideally, recruiting organizations will send two representatives: one HR staff member and one technical staff member. Organizations registered for the job fair will have access to the job fair and a table that seats two recruiters. There is space to display a vertical banner behind your table.
Please note that recruiters registered for the Students@SC job fair do not receive access to the SC Program or Exhibits.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day in a separate lounge.
Registration Is Open
Register early for the best rate and to guarantee your table at the job fair.